Latest Event Updates
We have a few seats left for next weeks half day art camp or drop in art class. No experience necessary and beginners are encouraged to come. More information can be see at http://www.myplacefull.com/art-frame-solutions
Book Directly at http://www.myplacefull.com/art-frame-solutions
4 week Adult watercolor class starting on April 30th. (few seats left)
4 week Adult Sketch class starting on April 23rd. (four seats left)
Saturday Morning Kids Just for Fun Acrylic Classes.
Plein Air Paint Workshop set up throughout this week at Art Frame Solutions. We have a picturesque view of the Reston Golf Course and would like to share it with you to paint. Bring your own art supplies, chairs, easels and come out. You choose your own medium and I will supply the picturesque view which is in jeopardy of redevelopment. You will have access to use my facilities and I will make sure there is plenty of coffee and cocoa.
What to Bring for Plein Air Painting:
An easel (French Easel is best) or some device to hold your work. This could be as simple as a fold up table or some type of stiff surface like a piece of plywood that you rest on your lap or on the ground.
- A surface to work on, paper, board or canvas. Gesso (prime) the surface if you work with oil or acrylic paint.
- solvent for cleaning your brushes – either turpentine, mineral spirits, or water
- painting medium (a mixture of stand oil or linseed oil and solvent to thin your oil paint)
- containers for the solvent and painting medium
- paint – at least the primary colors (red, blue, yellow) along with black and white.
- rags or paper towels
- chair (optional of course)
- palette knife