Latest Event Updates
Plein Air Paint Workshop set up throughout this week at Art Frame Solutions. We have a picturesque view of the Reston Golf Course and would like to share it with you to paint. Bring your own art supplies, chairs, easels and come out. You choose your own medium and I will supply the picturesque view which is in jeopardy of redevelopment. You will have access to use my facilities and I will make sure there is plenty of coffee and cocoa.
What to Bring for Plein Air Painting:
An easel (French Easel is best) or some device to hold your work. This could be as simple as a fold up table or some type of stiff surface like a piece of plywood that you rest on your lap or on the ground.
- A surface to work on, paper, board or canvas. Gesso (prime) the surface if you work with oil or acrylic paint.
- solvent for cleaning your brushes – either turpentine, mineral spirits, or water
- painting medium (a mixture of stand oil or linseed oil and solvent to thin your oil paint)
- containers for the solvent and painting medium
- paint – at least the primary colors (red, blue, yellow) along with black and white.
- rags or paper towels
- chair (optional of course)
- palette knife
New Art Studio just opened in Reston. Now booking Fall Art Workshops, Art classes, Birthday Parties.
We have been in establishment since 2005 operating as a full service expert custom framing shop in Reston. We have over 30 years experience in archival framing and art conservation, fine art printing services, interior design, direct ordering through ecommerce, art installation services and now a Art Studio.
We have moved to a new location closer to the Wiehle Avenue metro and now have a Art Studio where we are now booking Fall Art Workshops, Just for fun art classes, Corporate Team Building Events and Art and Frame Birthday Parties. See Schedule of classes listed on our website under art classes.
Help us support local next time you need Art Frame Solutions. We want to be your one stop shop solution. We can guarantee it!